Research programme: protein tyrosine phosphatase inhibitors - Metabasis Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 13 Nov 2009
At a glance
- Originator Cengent Therapeutics
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein-tyrosine-phosphatase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 29 Jun 2006 Metabasis Therapeutics acquired from Cengent's note holders all of the assets of Cengent pertaining to PTP-1B programme for metabolic diseases
- 04 Sep 2003 Preclinical data from a media release have been added to the Diabetes pharmacodynamics section
- 26 May 2003 The programme is available for licensing (http://www.cengent.com)