TPIAlternative Names: Thymidine phosphorylase inhibitor
Latest Information Update: 03 Apr 2003
At a glance
- Originator Taiho Pharmaceutical
- Developer Kagoshima University; Taiho Pharmaceutical
- Mechanism of Action Thymidine phosphorylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer metastases
Most Recent Events
- 03 Apr 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Cancer metastases in Japan (unspecified route)
- 04 Dec 2000 Preclinical development for Cancer metastases in Japan (Unknown route)