Research programme: antibacterials - MicrobiaAlternative Names: Anti-Biofilm therapeutics; Antibacterials research programme - Microbia
Latest Information Update: 31 Jul 2006
At a glance
- Originator Harvard Medical School
- Developer Dartmouth Medical School; Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jul 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 12 Jun 2003 This programme is still in active development
- 04 Dec 2000 This programme is available for licensing (http://www.microbia.com)