At a glance
- Originator Gliatech (CEASED)
- Class Obesity therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Histamine H3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 22 Dec 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Obesity in USA (unspecified route)
- 17 May 2002 Gliatech has filed a petition for bankruptcy protection
- 12 Dec 2000 Preclinical development for Obesity in USA (Unknown route)