Latest Information Update: 16 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Merck Frosst
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Caspase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Craniocerebral trauma
Most Recent Events
- 16 Dec 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Head injuries in Canada (unspecified route)
- 12 Dec 2000 New profile
- 12 Dec 2000 Preclinical development for Head injuries in Canada (Unknown route)