Research programme: anti-complement monoclonal antibodies - AlexionAlternative Names: 133.3 - Alexion; Anti C5 monoclonal antibody BB5-1 - Alexion; Anti-C8-monoclonal-antibody - Alexion; Monoclonal antibody N19/8 - Alexion; N19/8 - Alexion
Latest Information Update: 28 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Complement C5 inhibitors; Complement C8 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Immune thrombocytopenic purpura; Xenotransplant rejection
Most Recent Events
- 15 Dec 2000 Preclinical development for Immune thrombocytopenic purpura in USA (Unknown route)