CRE 16257Alternative Names: EML 16257; EML 257
Latest Information Update: 15 May 2003
At a glance
- Originator Merck KGaA; Ono Pharmaceutical
- Developer Merck KGaA; Merck Sante
- Mechanism of Action B cell stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Insulin resistance; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 15 May 2003 Discontinued - Phase-II for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Europe (PO)
- 15 May 2003 Discontinued - Phase-II for Insulin resistance in Europe (unspecified route)
- 28 Feb 2003 Phase-II clinical trials in Insulin resistance in Europe (unspecified route)