Research programme: antibacterials - NewBioticsAlternative Names: Lamectacin; NB 2001; NB 2030; NB 3179; NB 3180; NB 3322; NB-2179
Latest Information Update: 10 Jun 2005
At a glance
- Originator NewBiotics
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Nosocomial infections
Most Recent Events
- 10 Jun 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Jun 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Nosocomial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Jul 2004 NewBiotics has been acquired by Celmed BioSciences