Research programme: Tat-TAR interaction inhibitors - PTC Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 28 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator PTC Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Human immunodeficiency virus tat gene product inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jul 2001 PTC Therapeutics has received a phase I SBIR grant for this programme from the NIH
- 17 Jan 2001 New profile
- 17 Jan 2001 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)