Research programme: diabetes/obesity therapy - Bayer/CuraGenAlternative Names: BAY 76-7171; CT052
Latest Information Update: 17 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator Bayer; CuraGen Corporation
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 17 Apr 2009 No development reported - Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 23 Dec 2005 The collaboration agreement between Bayer and CuraGen has been revised
- 28 Oct 2004 Bayer and CuraGen announced that an orally active, small molecule compound has been advanced into preclinical development for type 2 diabetes