Research programme: anti-infectives - Avidex/BioFocus/VernalisAlternative Names: Anti-infectives research programme - Avidex/BioFocus/Vernalis
Latest Information Update: 10 Apr 2014
At a glance
- Originator Avidex; BioFocus DPI; Vernalis
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 31 Mar 2014 BioFocus DPI has been acquired by Charles River Laboratories
- 06 Oct 2006 Avidex has been acquired by MediGene AG
- 30 Sep 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Viral infections in United Kingdom (unspecified route)