Research programme: antibacterials - Essential Therapeutics/Johnson & Johnson
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Essential Therapeutics [CEASED]
- Developer Essential Therapeutics [CEASED]; Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development LLC; Ortho-McNeil
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Respiratory tract infections
Most Recent Events
- 04 Oct 2004 Essential Therapeutics has closed down
- 19 Jan 2001 Preclinical development for Respiratory tract infections in USA (PO)