At a glance
- Originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- Class Ischaemic heart disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action Sodium hydrogen antiporter inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Angina pectoris; Myocardial infarction
Most Recent Events
- 14 Feb 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Myocardial infarction in Japan (PO)
- 14 Feb 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Angina pectoris in Japan (PO)
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma