Herpes simplex DNA vaccine - PowderMedAlternative Names: Genital herpes vaccine - PowderMed; pPJV7630 HSV2 DNA Vaccine
Latest Information Update: 17 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator PowderMed
- Class DNA vaccines; Viral vaccines
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Herpes simplex virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 17 Mar 2008 HSV2 DNA vaccine is still in phase I trials for herpes simplex virus infections in the US
- 20 Apr 2006 Chiron was acquired and merged into Novartis
- 12 Oct 2004 Phase-I clinical trials in Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Intradermal)