Research programme: glucocorticoid receptor modulators - LigandAlternative Names: LGD 5552
Latest Information Update: 06 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glucocorticoid receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer; Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 16 Mar 2007 Ligand Pharmaceuticals discontinues development of LGD 5552, but will continue to develop other potential drug candidates
- 01 Jul 2005 Data presented at the 87th Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society (ENDO-2005) have been added to the Inflammatory disorders pharmacodynamics section
- 28 Jun 2004 Data presented at the 86th Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society (ENS-2004) have been added to the Neurological disorders pharmacodynamics section