Research programme: voltage-gated potassium channels - CardiomeAlternative Names: Kv 1.5 channel blockers - Cardiome; Voltage-gated potassium channels research programme - Cardiome
Latest Information Update: 14 Sep 2004
At a glance
- Originator Cardiome Pharma
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Arrhythmias
Most Recent Events
- 14 Sep 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Arrhythmias in Canada (unspecified route)
- 26 Sep 2001 This programme is available for licensing (www.cardiome.com)
- 27 Jun 2001 Nortran Pharmaceuticals is now called Cardiome Pharma