NaveglitazarAlternative Names: LY 519818; LY 818; LY 9818
Latest Information Update: 11 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Phenylpropionates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 12 Jul 2004 Eli Lilly will review and revise their plans for the phase III clinical trials of naveglitazar accordingly to the FDA's new guidelines
- 16 Jun 2004 Data presented at the 64th Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA-2004) have been added to the Diabetes pharmacodynamics section
- 03 Mar 2004 Eli Lilly is advancing LY 519818 into phase III studies for Type-2 diabetes mellitus