Latest Information Update: 02 Feb 2007
At a glance
- Originator Essential Therapeutics [CEASED]; PLIVA d.d.
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 24 Oct 2006 PLIVA d.d. has been acquired by Barr Pharmaceuticals
- 04 Oct 2004 Essential Therapeutics has closed down
- 12 Mar 2004 This compound is still in active development