Research programme: osteoarthritis therapy - MIGENIX/University of CaliforniaAlternative Names: MITO 4042; MX 4042
Latest Information Update: 17 Oct 2007
At a glance
- Originator MIGENIX
- Developer MIGENIX; University of California, San Diego
- Mechanism of Action Mitochondrial protein stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Osteoarthritis
Most Recent Events
- 18 Apr 2006 This programme is still in active development
- 22 Sep 2004 Micrologix Biotech is now called MIGENIX
- 06 Sep 2004 MitoKor has been acquired and merged into Micrologix Biotech