Benzyl aminolevulinateAlternative Names: 5-ALA benzylester; 5-ALA benzylesther; Benzvix
Latest Information Update: 15 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator PhotoCure
- Class Antineoplastics; Oxidants
- Mechanism of Action Photosensitisers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gastrointestinal cancer
Most Recent Events
- 15 Nov 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Gastrointestinal cancer in Europe (Topical)
- 21 Apr 2005 Preclinical trials in Gastrointestinal cancer in Europe (Topical)
- 14 May 2002 Clinical pilot trials in premalignant lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in Europe (Topical)