Latest Information Update: 27 May 2002
At a glance
- Originator Asahi Glass; Seikagaku Corporation
- Developer Asahi Glass; Kaken Pharmaceutical; Meiji Seika Kaisha; Seikagaku Corporation
- Class Oxidoreductases
- Mechanism of Action Superoxide dismutase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis; Ulcerative colitis
Most Recent Events
- 27 May 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Ulcerative colitis in Japan (unspecified route)
- 27 May 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in Japan (unspecified route)
- 01 Mar 2001 New profile