At a glance
- Originator Daiichi Sankyo Inc; Kyoto Pharmaceutical Industries
- Developer Daiichi Sankyo Europe; Daiichi Sankyo Inc
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Indoleacetic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sterol O-acyltransferase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Atherosclerosis; Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 03 Apr 2006 Daiichi Pharmaceutical has merged with Sankyo to form Daiichi Sankyo Inc
- 26 Oct 2005 Discontinued - Phase-II/III for Hyperlipidaemia in Europe (PO)
- 26 Oct 2005 Discontinued - Phase-II/III for Atherosclerosis in Europe (PO)