Research programme: signal transduction pathway inhibitors - Athersys/Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2009
At a glance
- Originator Athersys; The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Mechanism of Action Signal transduction pathway inhibitors; Tumour suppressor protein p53 stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Cancer; Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 15 Jun 2004 Preclinical trials in Asthma in USA (unspecified route)
- 11 Dec 2002 This programme is still in active development
- 12 Mar 2001 Preclinical development for Inflammation in USA (Unknown route)