Research programme: apoptosis stimulants - OSI PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: IGF-1R antagonists - OSI Pharmaceuticals; IGF-1R kinase inhibitors - OSI Pharmaceuticals; OSI 005
Latest Information Update: 07 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator OSI Pharmaceuticals
- Class Piperazines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Insulin-like growth factor I inhibitors; Proto oncogene protein c-akt inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 07 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (PO)
- 01 Apr 2006 Preclinical data presented at the 97th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR-2006) have been added to the Cancer pharmacodynamics section ,,,
- 20 May 2004 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)