Research programme: phosphodiesterase inhibitors - BayerAlternative Names: BAY 656207; BAY-60-7550; BAY-65-207; BAY-73-6691
Latest Information Update: 24 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Bayer
- Class Pyrazoles; Pyrimidines
- Mechanism of Action Phosphodiesterase 11A inhibitors; Phosphodiesterase 9A inhibitors; Type 2 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Cognition disorders; Dementia; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 24 Mar 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 24 Mar 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Dementia in Germany (PO)
- 24 Mar 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cognition disorders in Germany (unspecified route)