Research programme: irritable bowel syndrome therapeutics - AsterandAlternative Names: PGN1091; PGN1164; R1 programme - Asterand
Latest Information Update: 13 Feb 2007
At a glance
- Originator Asterand plc
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 2B receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Irritable bowel syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 13 Feb 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Irritable bowel syndrome in United Kingdom (PO)
- 30 Jan 2006 Pharmagene has merged with Asterand to form Asterand plc
- 29 Apr 2005 Preclinical trials in Irritable bowel syndrome in United Kingdom (PO)