Research programme: antibacterials - Quorex PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: QX5-1646 series antibacterials - Quorex; QX5-1799 series antibacterials - Quorex; QX5-1809 series antibacterials - Quorex
Latest Information Update: 25 May 2010
At a glance
- Originator Quorex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase inhibitors; FabH inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 25 May 2010 No development reported - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 12 Jul 2004 This programme is still in active development - BIO 2004 Annual International Convention (BIO-2004)
- 30 Jan 2003 This programme is still in active development