Research programme: PPAR gamma modulators - Bayer/GlaxoSmithKlineAlternative Names: Bay 54-9801
Latest Information Update: 26 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Bayer
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Osteoporosis therapies
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 26 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Osteoporosis in Germany (unspecified route)
- 21 Mar 2001 Preclinical development for Osteoporosis in Germany (unspecified route)