Latest Information Update: 25 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline; St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action Fatty acid synthetase complex inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Tuberculosis
Most Recent Events
- 25 Jan 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Tuberculosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Dec 2002 This compound is still in active development
- 26 Mar 2001 Preclinical development for Tuberculosis in USA (unspecified route)