Latest Information Update: 14 Sep 2004
At a glance
- Originator Banyu
- Mechanism of Action Endothelin A receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Atherosclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Mar 2004 Banyu Pharmaceutical has become a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck & Co
- 10 Feb 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Atherosclerosis in Japan (unspecified route)
- 27 Mar 2001 Preclinical development for Atherosclerosis in Japan (Unknown route)