Latest Information Update: 04 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator Biomedical Frontiers
- Mechanism of Action Chelating agents
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Iron overload
Most Recent Events
- 19 Dec 2003 Data presented at the 45th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology (ASH-2003)have been added to the Haematological disorders therapeutic trials section
- 28 Mar 2001 Phase-II clinical trials for Iron overload in USA (Injection)
- 21 Dec 1998 40SD02 has received Orphan Drug Status for Iron overload in the USA.
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Development Overview
- Drug Properties & Chemical Synopsis
- Development Status
- Commercial Information
- Scientific Summary
- Development History