NCX 1000Alternative Names: NCX-1000; NO-ursodeoxycholic acid; NO-ursodiol
Latest Information Update: 15 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator NicOx
- Class Cholic acids; Nitrates
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Portal hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 15 May 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Portal hypertension in USA (PO)
- 15 May 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Portal hypertension in Europe (PO)
- 30 Apr 2007 NCX 1000 is still in active development