AZD 9272Alternative Names: AZD 6538
Latest Information Update: 23 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca; NPS Pharmaceuticals
- Class Analgesics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate agonists; Glutamate receptor antagonists; Metabotropic glutamate receptor agonists; Metabotropic glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gastro-oesophageal reflux; Neurological disorders; Neuropathic pain
Most Recent Events
- 19 Feb 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Gastro-oesophageal reflux in USA (unspecified route)
- 02 Feb 2006 Phase-I clinical trials in Gastro-oesophageal reflux in USA (unspecified route)
- 02 Feb 2006 Phase-I clinical trials in Neuropathic pain in USA (unspecified route)