Malaria vaccine MSP1/QS-21 - AntigenicsAlternative Names: MSP1/QS-21
Latest Information Update: 25 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Antigenics
- Developer Antigenics; University of Hawaii
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Falciparum malaria
Most Recent Events
- 24 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Falciparum malaria in USA (unspecified route)
- 12 Dec 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Falciparum malaria in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Aug 2001 Aquila Biopharmaceuticals has been integrated into Antigenics