Research programme: GABA A receptor inverse agonists - Merck Sharp & DohmeAlternative Names: IAα5-2
Latest Information Update: 29 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Class Thiophenes
- Mechanism of Action GABA A alpha 5 receptor inverse agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 29 Jul 2004 Phase-I clinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 29 Jul 2004 Data presented at the 9th International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders (ICAD-2004) have been added to the pharmacokinetics section
- 01 Jul 2003 Removed Research programme from the title