At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Benzoic acids
- Mechanism of Action Beta 3 adrenergic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus; Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 13 Aug 2003 No development reported - Phase-I for Obesity in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 Aug 2003 No development reported - Phase-I for Diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Apr 2001 Phase-I clinical trials for Obesity in USA (Unknown route)