Research programme: beta-lactamase inhibitors - WyethAlternative Names: Penem inhibitors of OXA beta-lactamases - Wyeth
Latest Information Update: 03 Oct 2011
At a glance
- Originator Wyeth
- Class Penems
- Mechanism of Action Beta lactamase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 28 Sep 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 19 Dec 2005 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 12 Nov 2004 Data presented at the 44th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2004) have been added to the Bacterial Infections antimicrobial activity section