Latest Information Update: 08 Apr 2005
At a glance
- Originator National Institute on Aging
- Developer National Institute on Aging; TorreyPines Therapeutics Inc
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 08 Apr 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Transdermal)
- 10 Dec 2002 This compound is still in active development
- 19 Apr 2001 Preclinical development for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Transdermal)