Research programme: xerostomia therapy - Medpharma/StraumannAlternative Names: Xerostomia research programme - Medpharma/Straumann
Latest Information Update: 05 May 2008
At a glance
- Originator Institut Straumann
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Xerostomia
Most Recent Events
- 05 May 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Xerostomia in Sweden (unspecified route)
- 24 Aug 2004 Biora has been acquired by, and merged into, Institut Straumann
- 19 Apr 2001 Phase-I clinical trials for Xerostomia in Sweden (Unknown route)