Research programme: cognitive disorders therapeutics - Targacept/sanofi-aventisAlternative Names: AVE 3183; TC-1827
Latest Information Update: 02 Nov 2005
At a glance
- Originator Targacept
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cognition disorders; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 2005 Preclinical data from a media release have been added to the Alzheimer's Disease and Cognition Disorders pharmacodynamics section
- 31 Mar 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cognition disorders in USA (PO)
- 22 Nov 2004 A preclinical study has been added to the Alzheimer's Disease and Cognition Disorders pharmacodynamics section