Alzheimer's disease vaccine - Elan/Wyeth
Latest Information Update: 15 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Tel Aviv University
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 19 Dec 2005 No development reported - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in Israel (unspecified route)
- 26 Mar 2002 American Home Products has changed its name and the names of its subsidiaries Wyeth-Ayerst and Wyeth-Lederle to Wyeth
- 09 Jul 2001 Elan and American Home Products have licensed the vaccine