At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial sources
- Class Antivirals; Small molecules; Stilbenes
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Apr 2001 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in China (Unknown route)