SPC 8490Alternative Names: SPC8490
Latest Information Update: 16 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Celgene Corporation
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Selective estrogen receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Breast cancer; Ovarian cancer
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jun 2001 Phase-I clinical trials for Breast cancer in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 19 Jun 2001 Phase I study in volunteers initiated in the UK
- 30 Apr 2001 Preclinical development for Breast cancer in USA (Unknown route)