Research programme: epcitabine prodrugs - IdenixAlternative Names: L-dC prodrugs - Idenix
Latest Information Update: 04 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator CNRS; Idenix Pharmaceuticals; University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis B
Most Recent Events
- 23 May 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Hepatitis B in USA (PO)
- 23 May 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Hepatitis B in France (PO)
- 09 May 2003 Novartis Pharma AG has acquired a majority equity interest in Idenix