At a glance
- Originator CNRS; Idenix Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 23 May 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 May 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in France (unspecified route)
- 29 May 2003 Idenix and Novartis have entered into an agreement to jointly develop and commercialise Idenix's antiviral drug candidates