Research programme: antibacterials - Essential Therapeutics/Schering-Plough
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Developer Essential Therapeutics [CEASED]; Schering-Plough
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 22 Feb 2005 NeoGenesis has been acquired and merged into Schering-Plough
- 04 Oct 2004 Essential Therapeutics has closed down
- 09 Nov 2001 Microcide Pharmaceuticals has merged with Althexis to form Essential Therapeutics