Nitric oxide synthase gene therapy - GenVecAlternative Names: Genstent; iNOS gene therapy - GenVec
Latest Information Update: 18 Mar 2003
At a glance
- Originator GenVec
- Class Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide synthase stimulants; Nitric oxide synthase type II inhibitors; Nitric oxide synthase type II modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Vascular graft occlusion; Vascular restenosis
Most Recent Events
- 18 Mar 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Vascular graft occlusion in USA (Intra-arterial)
- 18 Mar 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Vascular restenosis in USA (Intra-arterial)
- 22 May 2001 Preclinical development for Vascular graft occlusion in USA (Intra-arterial)