Research programme: mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists - Karo Pharma
Latest Information Update: 21 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator Karo Bio
- Mechanism of Action Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 23 Oct 2003 Karo Bio has made significant progress in solving the receptor structure of the hormone-binding domain in complex with the natural hormone aldosterone
- 23 May 2001 Preclinical development for Congestive heart failure in Sweden (Unknown route)
- 23 May 2001 Preclinical development for Hypertension in Sweden (Unknown route)