At a glance
- Originator QLT USA
- Class Acetanilides; Class Ib antiarrhythmics; Local anaesthetics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane permeability inhibitors; Opioid receptor agonists; Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postoperative pain
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 17 Aug 2006 Discontinued - Phase-I for Postoperative pain in USA (Injection)
- 22 Nov 2004 Atrix Laboratories has been acquired by QLT