Research programme: VCAM/VLA-4 inhibitors - KakenAlternative Names: Cell adhesion inhibitors research programme - Kaken; Research programme: cell adhesion inhibitors - Kaken; VCAM/VLA-4 antagonists research programme - Kaken
Latest Information Update: 24 Feb 2009
At a glance
- Originator Kaken Pharmaceutical
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha4beta1 antagonists; Vascular cell adhesion molecule inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 02 Sep 2004 This programme is still in active development
- 28 May 2001 Preclinical development for Asthma in Japan (Unknown route)
- 28 May 2001 Preclinical development for Inflammation in Japan (Unknown route)